Congratulations to FTC team 5454, dent in the universe, for their Inspire Award win at the Florida FTC State Championship this past weekend, and to team 4997, Masquerade, the Winning Alliance Captains, who move ahead to the FTC World Championship in April, in St. Louis. FTC team 2845, Team Duct Tape, who won the Connect Award, also qualified for the World Championship as Inspire Award runners up.
The event was notable for many reasons – from having the highest number of competing teams ever, 32 – to generating the still
standing World Record high score in the Bowled Over game: 584! (Check out video of the match here!) The event ran smoothly, with great energy, enormous fun and ridiculously high robot lifts!
Embry Riddle also gave out scholarships worth $20,000 each, over four years, to 12 FTC students.
University in Daytona Beach, Florida on February 18, 2012.
- 4997 (Alliance Captain) Masquerade
- 1369 Minotaur
- 5454 dent in the universe
- 506 (Alliance Captain) Pandara
- 3101 BoomBots
- 516 Schrodinger’s Army
- Inspire Award – 5454 dent in the universe
- Rockwell Collins Innovate Award – 1369 Minotaur
- PTC Design Award – 516 Schrodinger’s Army
- Think Award – 5018 Team Brick Buddies
- Connect Award – 2845 Team Duct Tape
- Motivate Award – 4997 Masquerade
- Judges Award – 5070 N.U.T.S.
FTC Teams 2845, 4997, and 5454 qualified for the World Championship.
Congratulations to all the great teams who made it to the State Championship, and many many thanks to all the wonderful volunteers who made the event possible! See you in St. Louis!