Chairman’s Award, FIRST Dean’s List Award, Woodie Flowers Award and Entrepreneurship Award Submissions open today, 11/8/12 at 12 pm ET: The Chairman’s Award, the Woodie Flowers Award, and the Entrepreneurship Award must be submitted via STIMS: https://my.usfirst.org/stims/site.lasso. The Main or Alternate contact for your team must assign at least one (1) and up to four (4) student award submitters in FRC TIMS: https://my.usfirst.org/frc/tims/site.lasso.
Have you registered for your Local Kickoff in TIMS yet?
“Kit and Kickoff Preferences” (in TIMS) is where you indicate how your team wants to pickup/receive the Kit of Parts (KoP) and where/if your team plans to attend Kickoff. Please note the following before making your selections:
- Picking up your KoP at a Kickoff will save your team shipping costs;
- If your team chooses not to attend any Kickoff, the KoP will be shipped to your Shipping Contact and your team will be responsible for the shipping costs. Teams that choose to have their KoP shipped can expect to receive it sometime during the week after Kickoff. International teams should be aware that delivery date will depend on customs clearance;
- Your team may attend more than one Kickoff. For example, you can send members to the Kickoff in Manchester, NH, while others can attend a Local Kickoff in your area. However, you must indicate only one Kickoff for KoP pickup.
Surrogate Kit Pickup Option:
If your team is unable to pick up its KoP at the Kickoff you registered for in TIMS, and you do not wish to incur shipping charges to have it mailed, an alternate team may pick up your KoP at that Kickoff. You must provide FIRST with an authorization letter, signed by your team’s main contact, on school or sponsor letterhead in order for us to release the KoP. You can find a template for this letter here: http://tinyurl.com/cy6kkfr.
Fax the letter to Team Support at 603-666-3907 no later than 5:00 pm ET on 12/31/12 or send a hard copy to FIRST, Attn: Team Support, 200 Bedford Street, Manchester, NH 03101. The letter must include the following:
1. Your Team Number and the Kickoff pickup location;
2. The name and team number of the representative picking up the KoP;
3. Provide a copy of the Surrogate Kit Pickup letter to the team representative picking up the KoP for your team. This representative must bring the letter to the appropriate Kickoff.
FRC Team Support
FIRST® is recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) Not-For-Profit Organization