There’s no shortage of upcoming opportunities to share your love of FIRST in Central Florida! The following are events to which FIRST has been invited to have a showcase exhibit presence and we’re looking for showcase teams to participate!
Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org by the requested date listed next to each event, to be included. These events will be staffed on a first come, first served basis.
These are active and important (and fun!) outreach events, and participating teams must be able to represent FIRST at the highest level, exhibiting GP conduct at all times, being articulate about their FIRST involvement, capable of engaging event guests in meaningful conversation about what they do and why they do it, and inviting to student visitors to try their hands at driving, CAD or related engineering activities.
Participating teams will receive letters of appreciation from FIRST in Florida, and can use these opportunities to promote their team along with FIRST, get in some drive practice, network with potential new mentors and supporters, learn new things, and hone presentation and interview skills. And if you want to see FIRST teams in action, look for our FIRST in Florida Exhibit areas at each of these events!
Upcoming FIRST Outreach Opportunities – January – March, 2013
1 ) Otronicon, Orlando Science Center – Friday, January 18-Monday, January 21 – reply by Jan. 11
The schedule this year is as follows:
- Friday January 18, 10am – 9pm –
- Saturday January 19 10am – 9pm
- Sunday January 20 10am – 5pm
- Monday January 21 10am– 5pm –
All program levels, need teams of 3-4 students with 1-2 mentors able to provide outreach and demonstration in 3-4 hour shifts
2) FIRST Night Showcase, Univ. of South Florida, Tampa – Sunday Feb. 3 – 2pm-6pm – reply by January 25
- Need 2-4 FRC teams for this Orlando Regional fundraiser event, and 1-2 FLL and FTC teams
3) USF Engineering Expo February 22-23, 2013, University of South FL, Tampa – from 9:00AM – 4:00PM – reply by Feb. 15
- All programs – able to provide outreach and demos in 4 hour shifts – FIRST will have a full exhibit area at the expo this year
4) Tampa Bay Mini Maker Faire, Pasco Rotary Concourse, Hudson – March 23 – 10-6pm – reply by March 15
- All programs – 2-3 teams each, Jr. FLL, FLL, FTC & FRC – outreach and demos throughout the day