A series of FIRST teams workshops are being offered in the Tampa Bay area, beginning June 1. Sessions are appropriate for all programs, and will be hosted at the Hillsborough County Entrepreneur Collaborative Center (ECC) at 2101 East Palm Avenue Tampa, FL 33605 ( Ybor City). 2-3 people per team can be accommodated in the meeting facility. A short description of each workshop follows:
June 1 – Mentors and Coaches Training Round Table – Good for new, interested and current coaches and mentors
- Training on: FIRST overview, Gracious Professionalism, Effective Mentorship, Communicating with FIRST, Opportunities for Students (scholarships, etc.)
- Roundtable: Problems teams in the Tamp area are facing, possible solutions, ways for the local teams to collaborate
June 22 – Imagery/PR/Community Outreach:
- Each team can share their best practices on PR and Community Outreach
- Information on effective PR/branding
- Elevator speech/public speaking PPT
- Community outreach opportunities in Tampa
August 10 – Business Meet and Greet – Why the Professional Community Should be Involved with FIRST
- Presentations from Tampa teams to business leaders
- Roundtable with local businesses discussing what they are looking to support (FLL, FRC, certain area teams, etc.)
Register for these training sessions here by the Friday before each event.
If you would like help putting together similar workshops and programs in your area, please contact us.