Here you can keep up with a variety of special events and programs by and for Florida FIRST teams. “Special Events” listings may have admission fees, but all FIRST specific events listed here are free and open to the public, and offer great opportunities to see FIRST in action!
Please visit our Calendar page for dates and information about tournaments and other events.
Is your team hosting summer camps or workshops? Please let us know HERE and we’ll share on this page throughout the summer.
SPAM LEGO Robotics Camp – Stuart
- When: June 26 to June 29. 9 am to 1pm
- Where: Clark Advanced Learning Center 2400 SE Salerno Rd, Stuart, FL 34997
- Costs: $150. Scholarships are available! Free t-shirt and Snacks Provided
- Register by: June 23, 2017 at spamrobotics.com – Under “forms”.
Hagerty Robotics Summer Camp – Oviedo
- For: Ages 9- 12
- Description: Attendees of this camp hosted by FTC teams 4717 and 4227 will get involved in STEM by learning programming, building and participate in team building activities.
- Cost: $200. Early drop off at 8 AM and late pick up at 4 PM for an additional $50. There is a $10 discount for each sibling attending. Transportation, lunch, and snacks are on your own.
- Where: 3225 Lockwood Blvd, Oveido, Fl, 32765
- When: June 26th – 30th 9am – 3pm with early pickup and drop off hours
- Also: There is a FTC/VEX summer camp
- Register at http://hagertyhighrobotics.weebly.com/ for both
- Where: Code School / Pluralsight – 618 E South Street Suite 620, Orlando, FL 32801
- When: 6 Saturdays in June & July – 6/10, 6/17, 6/24, 7/8, 7/15, 7/22
- Register at: http://www.team5937.com/summer-training-2017
4-H Exploding Bacon Robotics Club – NXT Robotics Camp – Winter Park
- For 8-12 year olds
- Description: A week-long day camp that lets students design, build, and program robots. This camp is enriched with mini-projects and week-long goals that promote team-work and creativity. Along with the mini-projects, student learn some of the fundamental aspects of robotics and programming thru hands on learning. This camp is geared toward 8-12 yr old, with some or no NXT experience. (Not advanced learning)
- When: July 10-14 | 1:00-4:00pm
- Where: 7040 Stapoint Ct , Winter Park FL 32792
- Costs: $135.00
- Register by July 5 at email@example.com or explodingbacon.com/2017-summer-camps/
4-H Exploding Bacon Robotics Club – Exploding Science Summer Camp – Winter Park
- For 8-12 year olds
- Description: Science and robotics go hand in hand in our Exploding Science summer robotic camp. Students form Lego Robotic teams to learn simple programming, strategy and design to complete missions for a friendly end-week competition. Exciting hands-on science experiments and team building games round out the fun. Exploding Science camps are geared for 8-12 year olds.
- When: June 12-16 | 9:00am-12:30pm
- Where: 7040 Stapoint Ct Winter Park FL 32792
- Costs: $125.00
- Register by June 7 at firstname.lastname@example.org or explodingbacon.com/2017-summer-camps/
Cornerstone School International STEM Camp – Ocala
- Program: FIRST LEGO League
- Description: We blend international students with American students using LEGO robots for language enhancement
- When: July 9 – 22 8:30 – 4:00 Two out of town excursions (overnight)
- Where: The Cornerstone School, 2313 SE Lake Weir Avenue, Ocala, FL 34471
- Costs: $1750.00 International, $600.00 American
- Register by June 1 by writing to Ocala area FLL Partner Joe Mosley at email@example.com
Middleton Robotics Summer Camp – Tampa
- For: All students
- Description: Week long summer camp developed and staffed by students from Middleton Robotics championship program (FRC 1369 Minotaur, FTC 4997 Masquerade, FTC 3846 Maelstrom, VEX 6160 Mercury). Camp divided into 2 robotics programs for students of all ages. Lego EV3 for elementary and middle school age students and VEX EDR for middle and high school age students
- When: July 17-20, 8:30am – 2:00pm
- Where: Middleton Magnet High School, 4801 N. 22nd St, Tampa, FL 33610
- Costs: $150 – scholarships available for all students based on generous grant from our sponsor, Suncoast Credit Union. Amount of scholarship based on financial need. Breakfast and lunch provided each day.
- Register by July 1 at tinyurl.com/MHSRoboticsCamp2017
LEGO Sumo Robotics – Tampa
- Program: FIRST LEGO League
- Description: Got a LEGO Mindstorms EV3 or NXT? Build and program a sumo robot, then test it against other sumo robots in this free, friendly competition hosted by FIRST LEGO League team 23878, the Porygon Programmers. Our format is part workshop, part competition.
- When: June 17, 10 a.m. to noon; July 29, 10 a.m. to noon
- Where: John F. Germany Public Library, The Hive, 900 N. Ashley Dr., Tampa, Florida 33602-3704
- Costs: Free
- Register at sumobrickbots.com attend-an-event.html by the day before each event.
Back to Top
Kick Off Dates & Events
- FIRST LEGO League Challenge Release – August 1017 – Visit our FIRST LEGO League page to contact partners in your area for kick off events
- FIRST Tech Challenge Kick Off Events – September 9, 2017
- FIRST Robotics Competition Kick Off – January 6, 2018 – Florida Kick Off Locations TBA
Fall Off-Season & FIRST Showcase Events
Starting in September there are several opportunities for FIRST Robotics Competition teams to enjoy post event game play, and a two day event for FIRST LEGO League Jr, FIRST LEGO League and FIRST Tech Challenge teams to enjoy workshops and scrimmages. 2017 Off Season information will be available soon, with hopefully the addition of a new off-season event in North Florida!
When registration opens, you can register your FRC team for the off-season(s) of your choice by clicking the Registration icon at left. FLL Jr. , FLL, and FTC teams will be able to register to participate in ROBOTICON Tampa Bay by visiting the ROBOTICON website below. Registration costs may range from $100 to $175 per event.
Contact information for each event can be found at each event website, accessed by clicking the logos below.
Look for FIRST teams exhibiting at these fine upcoming events throughout Florida in 2017-18:
- Gulf Coast MakerCon/Comic Con – St. Petersburg College- Seminole – March 24, 2018
- St. Petersburg Science Festival – October
Teams interested in registering for any Outreach Events , or at FIRST tournaments and Regionals to provide cross program support (i.e. FRC team demos at FTC or FLL events, or FTC team demos at FLL or FRC events), please register here.
Find tournament schedules for all our programs on our Calendar Page. If you’re on a team and would like to provide cross program support at FIRST LEGO League, FIRST Tech Challenge or FIRST Robotics Competition, please register at the link above to let us know what event you’d like to attend, to provide outreach.